Interested in building your very own personal website to show off on your school/job applications? This summer, come work with Geekedu’s experienced web developers and learn the best way to build a beautiful website with HTML and CSS!
The course is for students ages 11 and up.
Web Development 2020 Regular Semester Course
January 5 — March 14
Scroll down for more details about the course.
CREATE YOUR STUNNING WEBSITE FROM SCRATCH
This course introduces the basics of web programming using HTML and CSS.
This is a beginners course that teaches students how to build visual and interactive components of a website. Students will learn how to create the structural foundation of a site (HTML), style it (CSS). Students gain an understanding of how the web works and customize their sites using their own designs and ideas.
At Geekedu, we have only the most qualified instructors to deliver our courses, with a strong background in computer science and years of experience as instructors and web developers. Besides, our small instructor to student ratio provides customized learning for each student.
What you’ll learn
- How the web works and the technologies involved
- Create the structure and style of a website using HTML and CSS:
- Web development fundamentals with HTML5
- Document structure
- Images and videos
- Debugging (developer tools)
- Styling text and web fonts
- Layout and box model
- Host a website on a server to share your work on the internet
- Know the basic technical vocabulary to communicate with front-end web developers
What’s special in the camp?
Our camps are different from others because we stray from confining our students’ creativity. Learning to code is a personal experience and choosing to code what you’d like is a freedom all students should have. Geekedu instructors will be instructing your child to program, not making them copy code.
Furthermore, our camps are taught by experienced industry professionals. On a daily basis, your child will be able to interact with programmers at the forefront of computer science and learn to code from the best!
What are they going to learn?
At Geekedu, we strive to equip the youth with the knowledge to explore their own creativity. With this camp, our objective is to build a strong foundation for your child in the world of STEM!
– Critical Thinking: Your child will learn to see a problem, form a plan, then solve it through systematic thinking.
– Creativity: Your child will learn to create their own projects where their only limit is their imagination.
– Problem-solving: Your child will be engaged in tasks where they learn to find alternative ways to resolve problems.
– Team Work: Your child will work in a group, where they will collaborate and learn with other students.
Are you ready to start a journey with us?
Please contact us for a FREE assessment!